SEO is a crucial part of Digital Marketing. Various tools play a vital role in scaling and growing businesses on search engines. One such SEO tool is Semrush. Though it is so popular, people look for Semrush Alternatives for budget-friendly website optimization.
Various reasons can lead to people searching for tools and applications in replacement of Semrush. The rate of Semrush bounce-back is more commonly seen with start-ups and medium-scale enterprises. This is because they fail to keep up with its increasing investment demands.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss the drawbacks of using Semrush and some alternatives that you can consider.
Why Consider Semrush Alternatives?
Though Semrush is such a powerful and helpful SEO tool, many businesses switch from it because of its highly modified interface, making it difficult to use. Especially for medium-scale enterprises and small-scale industries, using Semrush can be a little tricky.
Everything is great about the application, but people search for Semrush alternatives because of the following reasons:-
1. Difficult Interface
Semrush is a great tool, but sometimes it can be challenging to maintain an SEO suite that has a higher learning curve. The more features an app contains, the more complex it is going to be to use. This is one of the main reasons people want to switch from this application. Some users even face a difficult time navigating Semrush and finding if the application fulfils their requirements.
This can make their work even more complex and require professional aid. To avoid additional costs, people usually cut down on it.
2. Not budget-friendly
Though Semrush is a great SEO tool, it is not budget-friendly. The application is unsuitable for small-scale or start-up businesses struggling with investment. To avoid additional costs, entrepreneurs look for Semrush Alternatives, which fulfill their demand and fit their budget.
3. Additional Add Ons
The interface of the application is only partially usable, even with premium plans. There are always some add-ons that can fluctuate the budget. Some features that are included in the paid versions of other platforms require additional charges on Semrush. This can turn investors off, and they switch to another platform really quickly.
4. Imprecise Data
For Semrush, users have generally expressed concern over the precision of Semrush’s data. The rank tracker and backlink data face the most fluctuations. Searching for broken links on the platform is often challenging, and its website audit isn’t of excellent quality.
Semrush is an excellent tool for SEO. It is a feature-packed platform that aids brand visibility and website traffic in no time. Semrush can help you gain as much reach as possible if you are a new business owner. It is a great tool to level up your on-page SEO as it is a comprehensive keyword research tool.
Below is a table highlighting its features and ratings to give you a broad idea of the tool.
|G2 rating||⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.6|
|Capterra rating||⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.7|
|TrustRadius rating||⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 8.9|
|Minimum pricing plan cost||$129.95/month|
|Number of projects you can add||5-40|
|Number of manager seats included in subscription plans||1, $45-100/month per extra seat|
|Core SEO tools||
Keyword Rank Tracker
Keyword Research Tools
On-Page SEO Checker
Backlink Analytics and Audit
Content Marketing Tools
Local SEO Tools
|Advanced SEO tools & integrations||
Google Search Console
Google Business Profile
|Agency-first tools & features||
Branded, scheduled reports
CRM & Client Portal
Agency Partners Directory
|Free Trial||✅ 7 days|
The table can help you determine the features of Semrush and compare them to alternatives.
Top Semrush Alternatives to Consider
Various SEO tools are available in the market, but not everyone meets Semrush. If you are looking for alternatives, it can be challenging to search for one that provides the same benefits. Even if you consider trying different SEO tools to find the best one, the costs can rip your pockets off. To take the burden off your shoulders, we have compiled a list of the top Semrush Alternatives to consider. We have placed them rank-wise to help you determine the best one according to your business type and objectives.
Make sure to compare prices and review their details to avoid making mistakes. Here is our list of the top Semrush Alternatives:-
Ahrefs is one of the best Semrush Alternatives in the market. Both are similar, but it has a less complex interface and delivers excellent functionality and features. Ahrefs has a lower learning curve than Semrush. Comparatively, it is easier to use and contains tons of nooks and crannies.
User reviews: People love Ahrefs. On Capterra, it has 4.7/ 5 stars and 483 reviews. It’s currently at 4.6/5 stars on G2, with 451 reviews. And on TrustRadius, it has 8.7/10 stars and 336 reviews and ratings.
Ahrefs ranks in the number one position in terms of functionality. The platform is full of data, including-
- In-depth backlink analysis capabilities,
- Competitor’s research
- Paid traffic exploration.
- Find the best PPC keywords,
- Identify broken links,
Ahrefs is not cheap, but it is much more affordable than Semrush:
- Its basic subscription plan costs $99 monthly, which is enough for individuals, small businesses, and SEO experts.
- If you want to use more features and gain higher limits, select the $199, $399, and $999 plan/month.
- Moreover, users can launch the application for free, but requires payment for various tools.
Another one on our list is SpyFu. It is an excellent SEO tool and a great Semrush Alternative. It was founded in 2005, and over time, it has improved its suite of tools for well-rounded keyword research and competitor analysis service providers.
Spyfu is an all-rounder SEO application
- Competitor analysis
- Ad History feature
- Data on a competitor’s PPC ads, including ad copy, landing pages, and estimated ad spend.
The subscription plans for SpyFu are much more affordable than Semrush
- The Basic plan starts at $39/month, whereas Semrush’s basic plans start from $129.95/month.
- However, the price of SpyFu can jump anywhere around $299 for Teams, but it is still nowhere equivalent to Semrush’s Business plan, i.e. $499.95.
User Reviews: Though SpyFu is a great SEO platform, it does not have many reviews online like its competitors. It currently has 4.6/5 stars on G2 with 494 reviews, 4.5/5 stars and 140 reviews on Capterra, and 8.2/10 stars with 130 reviews on TrustRadius.
3. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is the perfect Semrush alternative that strikes the ideal balance between functionality and user-friendliness. The application is an intuitive and easy-to-use platform that converts complex tasks into easy options.
The application is known for its functionality and power-packed features.
- Exceptional rank-tracking capabilities offer position-tracking options for Google, Yahoo, Bing, and even YouTube.
- Interface is one of the many features that determine the worth of any application. SE Ranking delivers a smooth user experience because of its simple navigation options.
Semrush and SER have many capabilities, although SER is a more affordable solution.
- Plans typically range in price from $55 to $570 per month.
- Additionally, SE Ranking gives a 20% discount for yearly payments.
- User seats are already included in SE Ranking’s Pro and Business versions, but Semrush charges $45 to $100 for each extra user.
SER reviews: SER has excellent reviews on almost all the rating websites. On G2, SE Ranking has a rating of 4.8/5 stars, 4.4/5 stars and 485 reviews on Trustpilot. Not only that, but many other websites have given a trustworthy review to SER over time.
Ubersuggest, created by Neil Patel, is an excellent SEO tool that evolved from a simple keyword-researching website to a full-fledged SEO platform. It has an incredible interface and is often considered the best for beginners. It is a top Semrush alternative for those who struggle with its complex nature.
- Ubersuggest is the best platform for people who struggle with SEO complexities.
- It eliminates hard-to-understand features and simplifies information, making it more user-friendly than Semrush.
- Ubersuggest does not show many colors, but its interface is user-friendly and SEO-oriented.
- It can provide users with an array of information on all descriptive nodes.
- For example, the dashboard immediately gives you ideas for how to optimize your site better. It is easy to use and navigate.
- The Ubersuggest subscription plans range from $29 to $99 a month.
- These are significantly cheaper than even Semrush’s cheapest plan SEO plans. Giving it an advantage over Semrush.
User reviews: Ubersuggest has excellent user reviews on all rating websites. On G2, it has a 4.2 out of 5 stars rating and on Trustpilot, it scored a 3.9/5 rating. Currently, it has 8.3 out of 10 stars on TrustRadius. Though it is not a popular Semrush alternative, it’s rapidly evolving and gaining a competitive edge against Semrush.
5. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is a comprehensive SEO suite that many people choose for Semrush alternatives. The application aims to make Search Engine Optimization easy and accessible. It helps people shift from complicated spreadsheets to easier navigation.
- Moz Pro has all the standard tools for optimum SEO practices. It is easier to use and allows users to make real-time changes in their practices.
- The application provides the user with a professional SEO toolset kit, including a Keyword Explorer tool.
- The interface is not a smooth platform and regularly experiences bugs and lags.
- In addition to that, it is more challenging to customize views and reports over the application.
- Moz Pro’s standard plan is cheaper than Semrush, i.e. $99 a month.
- On the other hand, Semrush’s standard plan starts at $129 a month.
User reviews: Because of its functionality, Moz Pro has 4.4/5 stars on G2, with around 350 reviews. 4.6 out of 5 stars with 11 ratings On Gartner. It also has 8.2/10 stars on TrustRadius, with 371 reviews and ratings.
6. SEO Power Suite
SEO PowerSuite is a powerful SEO tool, giving hard competition to Semrush in the market. It is a great substitute for people who want more features at a lower price. The application consistently ranked among the G2 leaders in SEO software because of its features and functionality.
- SEO PowerSuite has its own rank tracker, website auditor, SpyGlass, and LinkAssistant.
- With such amazing features, it assists you in modifying your content for search engines.
- Additionally, it offers custom white labeling and Google Analytics integration.
- While everything is great about this application, navigating it can be cumbersome.
- With its powerful and in-depth, people expect a steeper learning curve but it can be hard if you don’t have basic SEO knowledge.
- It is somewhat similar to Semrush in terms of Interface.
- SEO PowerSuite has a forever-free plan, which gives you unlimited keywords to track.
- But, if you want to upgrade, consider that the two paid plans are $299 and $499 a year.
User reviews: The application has 4/5 stars on Capterra, 9/10 on TrustRadius, and 4.5/5 on G2. This makes it a consistent opponent to Semrush in the market.
SEO tools can be a great consideration for people looking for better SEO results at a budget price. While every platform is different, we have discussed the top Semrush Alternatives to look for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Semrush Alternatives are applications or tools that can be used as alternate options. Popular tools such as Ahrefs, SpyFu, SE Ranking, Ubersuggest, Moz Pro, and SEO PowerSuite are great substitutes for it.
Semrush is a powerful SEO tool with advanced features and controls. Businesses can use Semrush to measure their SEO results, keyword analysis, competitive advantage, and more.